At Parish we believe that pupils should play an active, constructive and appropriate role in their own learning, the learning of their peers and the development of their school communities. Teachers have always sought to ensure that pupils are able to articulate their views and participate effectively in their learning and in the wider life of their school communities.
Pupil voice is about pupils having the opportunity to have a say in decisions in school that affect them. This may be done through questionnaires, pupil interviews and our various pupil voice groups.
- Our Digital Leaders meet with Mrs Genovese (Computing Subject Lead) and provide input regarding E-Safety and the Computing Curriculum.
- Meeting with Miss Davis (EDI Champion), our EDI Ambassadors work to promote all aspects of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Our Eco Ambassadors meet with Mrs Coleman to discuss ways to improve the school environment and to make positive environmental change and impact for our planet.
- Meeting with Mrs Doyle (P4C Champion), our P4C Ambassadors debate and discuss topical issues which affect them, the school and the wider community.
- Our RE Ambassadors meet with Miss Davis (RE Subject Lead) to provide ideas and feedback on RE lessons.
- Our school council is made up of our class captains, one from every class from Reception to Year 6. They meet on a regular basis with Mrs Pickering, who oversees their meetings and discuss topics related to the school improvement plan and key priorities.
- Our Worship Ambassadors take an active role in events such as Harvest, Christmas and our School Thanksgiving Service. They also meet with Mrs Coleman (Head Teacher) to support daily worship at Parish.