School Business Manager: St Marks and and Parish CE Primary Schools
Grade: Aquinas 8
Range: £33,941 - £40,224 p.a. dependent on experience
Hours: Full time
Responsible to: Headteachers
Responsible for: Administration, Internal Finance, Lettings, and Site team, IT systems
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 11th October 2019
Aquinas are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Schools Business Manager to join our highly-motivated teams at two of our primary schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Take responsibility for strategic leadership in financial management across the schools ensuring accurate and timely review of financial information and compliance with Aquinas and EFA financial regulations.
- Take Responsibility for schools finances, lettings, internal health and safety, and site management, ensuring the academy makes the best possible use of available resources.
- Ensure that support is provided to the Heads in all areas of business management.
- Manage third party contracts including all Service Level Agreements in liaison with the CFO.
- Have direct responsibility to the Headteacher attending senior leadership and AAC meetings as appropriate.
- Assist in formulating and developing school needs, action planning, priorities, policies and procedures, ensuring these are communicated to staff and consulted on if appropriate.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience or interest in working in an educational setting;
- Have the ability to multi-task under pressure and able to juggle many tasks at once;
- Have excellent organisational ability and the ability to effectively prioritise workload;
- Have excellent face to face customer service skills/experience.
- Have excellent attention to detail, who picks up on mistakes and rectifies problems before they arise;
- Have the ability to deal with extremely confidential information and be discreet at all times;
- Demonstrate a willingness to become involved in the life of the college and school;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Have good communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team; and
- Be dedicated and flexible, with commitment to continual improvement.
In return, we offer:
- A workplace that is future focused with potential for professional growth as we improve;
- A skilled and experienced team of professionals;
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- Motivated leadership teams leading rapid improvement to the pupils’ life chances.