School Improvement Priorities
MAIN OUTLINES FOR 2022-2023
AT PARISH WE ARE CONTINUALLY STRIVING TO RAISE OUR STANDARDS AND PROVISION AS WELL AS PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES TO DEVELOP OUR STAFF AND THE WIDER COMMUNITY. IN ORDER TO IMPROVE THIS YEAR WE HAVE SET THE FOLLOWING MAIN PRIORITIES:
Refine Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Improve early reading through delivery of new phonics programme.
- Raise standards in spelling and pupils' knowledge of etymology.
- Remove inequalities in outcomes and progress for pupils in writing.
- Prioritise strategies focussed on pupil’s individual learning potential.
Develop consistent practices throughout the school providing all pupils with the necessary tools to succeed in English.
Develop consistent practices throughout the school providing all pupils with the necessary tools to succeed in PE.
- Teach for mastery so that elements of classroom practice and school organization, combine to give pupils the best chances of mastering Maths.
- Promote continuous provision in Y1 to meet the needs of all pupils
Create the climate for optimal learning
- Promote positive health for all pupils and staff and prioritise actions which allow those at Parish to flourish.
- Ensure all pupils, regardless of need, can access the curriculum due to well-planned provision that addresses individual targets.
- Develop an exciting, safe and functional space for pupils to eat, play, relax and socialise.
Strengthen attitudes and reputation
- Raise attendance figures and lessen number of pupils who are persistent absentees, and those who take term time holidays.
- Whole school focus on Flourishing schools, using ‘Flourishing Together; by L Swaner and A Wolfe as whole school shared text.
- Sustain rigorus quality assurance
- Embed new roles and responsibilities of SLT to develop a manageable workload for all members linked to a clear strategic system
Attract and retain strong practitioners
- Develop consistent and highly effected practices throughout the school for pupils with SEND.
Access high quality resources
- Ensure Listed Building remains fit for purpose
Deploy first rate systems
- Develop a sustainable system for the replacement of IT hardware.
- Develop an efficient system for logging and tracking staff absence and cover