School History

 

Chronology

1777: Purchase of the land by Peter Thellusson

1777 - 1796: Construction of Plaistow Lodge

1797: Death of Peter Thellusson

1804: Ownership of house passed onto his son, Peter Issac Thelluson

1810: Plaistow Lodge leased to Thomas Maltby

1812: Whole estate purchased by Hon. Hugh Lindsay

1822: Sold to Walter Boyd

1837: Estate passed onto his son, Robert Boyd

1869: Estate held by Mr. J. Mackenzie

1873: Sold to Hon. Arthur Kinnaird

1887: Estate passed onto his son, Arthur Fitzgerald Kinnaird

1896: Establishment on site of Quernmore School

Parish is the oldest London Borough of Bromley's Educational Establishment, dating back to a 1716 Charity Foundation.

Two and a half centuries of educational history are reflected in its development.

In September 1986 the school transferred, along with the pupils and staff of St Mary's Church of England Primary School, to a renovated eighteenth century mansion known as Plaistow Lodge. This is a listed building which stands in its own grounds in London Lane.

TwitterFollow us @parishceschool Parish CE Primary School Blog