Topic - Famous People
- About the lives of significant individuals in the past and present who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- How has nursing changed over time and who has made contributions to its success? Links made to NHS, World War 1, British Red Cross, Florence Nightingale, Mary Seacole and Edith Cavell.
- Lives and conditions of soldiers.
- War and conflict in Britain’s history- Walter Tull’s life is explored celebrating his achievements and success of his career as a memorable footballer and first black soldier in the army.
- The life of Malala Yousafzai and how she championed for change as the youngest ever Nobel peace prize winner.
- Great explorers (Christopher Columbus, Neil Armstrong and Matthew Henson), their expeditions and discoveries within the world.
Topic - Animals including Humans
- Notice that animals, including humans, have offspring which grow into adults.
- Find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival (water, food and air).
- Describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.
- Asking simple questions and recognising that they can be answered in different ways.
- Observing closely, using simple equipment.
- Performing simple tests.
- Identifying and classifying.
- Using their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions.
- Gathering and recording data to help in answering questions.