Topic - World War II and Local History
- Understand the reasons for WW2 and place some key events in chronological order.
- Find out how WW2 impacted on the local area.
- Say when and why the war started.
- Know some of the countries and key individuals involved.
- Recall some details about key events.
- Describe what evacuation and rationing were, explaining how they worked and how different people were affected.
- Describe some of the jobs women did during the war.
- Describe what the Holocaust was and who suffered as a result.
Topic - Living Things and their Habitats
- Describe how living things are classified into broad groups according to common observable characteristics and based on similarities and differences, including micro-organisms, plants and animals.
- Give reasons for classifying plants and animals based on specific characteristics.
Topic - Electricity
- Associate the brightness of a lamp or the volume of a buzzer with the number and voltage of cells used in the circuit.
- Compare and give reasons for variations in how components function, including the brightness of bulbs, the loudness of buzzers and the on/off position of switches.
- Use recognised symbols when representing a simple circuit in a diagram.